


I've always loved Disney movies, but I never thought I'd be able to appreciate them again today the way I did years ago as a kid. Fortunately, I got the chance to watch a Disney On Ice performance (Princess Classics) in the Araneta Coliseum a while ago with my cousins.
Needless to say, it got me nostalgic upon refreshing my memory of how the stories of Cinderella, Aladdin, the Little Mermaid, Beauty and Beast, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White actually went-- Disney style of course-- through the brilliant performances of various professional ice-skaters. Nabakla ako sa buong show... I couldn't help but smile whenever the happy endings came, or when the skaters did incredible exhibitions, whether in pairs or individually.
I felt so much like a kid throughout the entire performance that I even found myself instinctively grinning stupidly when my cousins agreed to buying me a whole bucket of popcorn, orange cotton candy, and a hotdog sandwich to eat during the rest of the performance (haha, takaw). Everything felt so light and perky. Basta ang babaw ko talaga kanina... and I just couldn't help feeling that way. =B
Also, that DOI presentation got me realizing four things:
1) You can never be too old for anything you love.
2) I want to be a DISNEY princess
3) I want prince charming to wear a cape... hehe... ang bakla ko ngayon :p
and
4) I want to ice-skate again
I've been really wanting to continue ice-skating but it's just too expensive to attend to now (considering the 1000-plus-php iceskating lessons + skates and locker rentals, and the gas-gluttonous trips to SM Megamall). Plus, I don't have the time with all the upcoming schoolwork. Hay. It's so disappointing when you can't do something you really want to do because of the things you have-- BUT DON'T NECESSARILY WANT-- to do. Argh.
I'm still having a little hangover from the show. Walt Disney's a genius for having been able to create something so.... magical*. And incredibly timeless. Hay. I dunno. I'm being gay today. Wheee :-)
someday, my prince will come... with a cape! haha
No comments:
Post a Comment