My cousins and I went to the subdivision's clubhouse today to help me practice for our basketball championship game (White Guyabanos!) next week. But I don't think it helped me much... on the contrary (funny word), I think it just destroyed what was left of my self-esteem in playing. I had constantly been getting outplayed by a ten-year-old and an eleven-year-old throughout the entire game. The only player worse than me at that time was my cousin VR.... and he's only five. Hehehe... but I love this game anyway, even though I can't play it decently. =)
At least P.E. practice is done. Now I shall be going forth to the world of King Richaahrd the theehrd. We have to memorize a Shakespearean soliloquy for English and present it with emotions and everything in front of the class.... memorized. And I got, by some wonderful twist of fate, Gloucester's lovely long lines in Richard III. Here's a brief glimpse of the said Shakespearean happiness:
Was ever woman in this humour wooed?
Was ever woman in this humour won?
I'll have her; but I will not keep her long.
What! I, that killed her husband and his father,
To take her in her heart's extremest hate,
With curses in her mouth, tears in her eyes.
The bleeding witness of my hatred by;
Having God, her conscience, and these bars against me,
And I no friends to back my suit at all,
But the plain devil and dissembling looks,
And yet to win her! all the world to nothing!
Ha?
Hath she forgot already that brave prince,
Edward, her lord, whom I, some three months since,
Stabbed in my angry mood at Tewkesbury?
A sweeter and lovelier gentleman---
Framed in the prodigality of nature,
Young, valiant, wise, and, no doubtm right royal---
The spacious world cannot again afford:
And will she yet abase her eyes on me,
That cropped the golden prime of this sweet prince,
And made her widow to a woeful bed?
On me, whose all not equals Edward's moiety?
On me, that halts and am misshapen thus?
My dukedom to a beggarly denier,
I do mistake my person all this while:
Upon my life, she finds, although I cannot,
Myself to be a marv'llous proper man.
I'll be at charges for a proper looking-glass,
And entertain a score or two of tailors,
To study fashions to adorn my body:
Since I am crept in favour with myself,
I will maintain it with some little cost.
But first I'll turn yon fellow in his grave;
And then return lamenting to my love.
Shine out, fair sun, till I have bought a glass.
That I may see my shadow as I pass.
Now imagine me standing alone acting as a murderous idiot while trying not to forget my lines. How fun. Especially since I only have one happy week crammed with CAT Practicals, a Sikolohiyang Pilipino thesis, our Music Practicals, a Filipino Book Report, and lots of fun and exciting homework to memorize this.
I know the rants have been getting irritating, but letting out all the frustration keeps me sane. Ah, hell week sucks. /:{
No comments:
Post a Comment