Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Desiree!
We were making our way to the Gesu for mass this morning when a surprisingly familiar face suddenly appeared before me. Ignoring the fact that I was already looking stupid attempting to probe her face in the subtlest way possible, I immediately approached her, and to my relief learned that my suspicions were right-- it really was Desiree, my good friend back in gradeschool! We used to hang out a lot in grade 5 and needless to say, I was really pleased to see her again after so many years of no contact whatsoever. Na-miss ko tuloy yung gradeschool!

I just love it when these kinds of things happen... it's like getting a twist to the present, or getting a glimpse at the illusion of time (it's always fun to see how people look after 7 years). Plus it makes you realize just how small the world really is.

Hello garci
I had myself tuned into ANC the whole time after school this afternoon, and it was getting really annoying seeing our supposedly esteemed politicians rendering the house probe on GMA's wiretapping issue unfinished. Although they all donned their voices in the same formal, respectful tone (generally anyway) throughout the session, it was obvious that a number of them were already losing their patience during the interview with sec. Bunye because the latter just wasn't answering concretely. If he really does believe in the innocence of the conversations in those tapes, then he shouldn't have made himself look defensive by steering away from giving the answers the congressmen (and woman) wanted to hear. Tapos nagkagulo pa sila sa dulo, especially with everyone trying to speak at the same time already. And they could't finish anything anymore because everyone suddenly got caught up in his/her own opinions.

I've never really been very interested in politics but it worries me to think just how long it could take before a genuinely honest, effective government finally starts finding its way into our country. It's just frustrating having to see history repeat itself so many times over each year. If, several years from now, even after having been awakened to the reality of corruption right now, we still find ourselves in the hands of the same kinds of government leaders coming from the generation that's supposed to have been pushed by these scandals to instigate change, ewan ko nalang talaga. I'd like to think this generation would already have enough sense to keep our intentions clean should we find ourselves running for office in the near future. I hope these accounts of dishonesty eventually serve as much more than just browning pages in a history book, so none of the suffering we and the generations before us had to endure as a people gets wasted. Going down...

lampayatot...
ang wallet ko. Nauubusan na talaga ako ng pera and I hardly have any of my savings left. It's just so hard to get by in college without extra money! I can't even buy in the caf anymore because I still have to find ways to pay for the books and everything else they're asking for in school. What's worse is I actually had to drop my piano lessons a while ago for this. Hay. But oh well. One day I'll get rich and buy all the meals I want and get fat. And my wallet gets fat too. Oohkay.

School again tomorrow! I'm excited for PE. Heheh :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you get rich, you won't need a wallet.. hahaha.. :)

Mica said...

haha right! :p